Me ??

My photo
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

The mystery or misery?

We were the best buddies, we were classmates, partners in crime,shareholders in misery and most importantly we took important decisions like the ones to bunk classes, pass comments about a random person and still keep it a secret.

Well this was true for the better part of the last two years, until she decided that it was time to part ways. Why? I still have no clue. To this day I remain clueless I kept making forced attempts to get back and try the old trick of saying a sorry and trying to patch up. It has not worked.

The everyday conversations in person shortened, they became SMSes, and then they stopped completely. Today morning I forced myself to send her a long and detailed SMS, I thought that was the only mode of communication left. Prompt came the reply- "Busy today. How about 2mrw?"
I replied in positive.

After a tiring day at the library, I dragged myself to the shopping complex, firmly tucked in my ears were headsets;my hands clasping a paper bag that was about to give up, I glanced around looking for a familiar face.

I see my dear friend at a distance,I attempt a wave of my hand and also trying to balance the things at hand. She took two steps forward, not towards me but towards her vehicle parked beside her. She left. And I was left alone.

I wait to see if the meeting that she promised happens tomorrow or not. But the show must go on, I should not be bothered by people who refuse to see or hear others.

No comments: