Me ??

My photo
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rants and Ramblings

How much effort does it take to report a complaint to the mobile operators?


This is exactly my question, when I tried reaching the Airtel customer care, first they took away my mobile number, now the charge me with services like the matrimonial alert.

To make things clear I would like to mention that it was not my conscious decision to activate the matrimonial alert service unless the Airtel people decided that it was high time that I got married. How nice!! After the activation of the service I see that they start sending me profile of women who are much younger to me. This new addition to my inbox made me question my straight nature of sexuality, and had be in splits one day when they sent out an SMS which read- "Fair and tall Kayastha girl looking for relationship with you. I'm open to all types of relationships. Will you be my boyfriend first and husband later?"

Not to be buoyed by any of this I decided to call the customer care, after numerous attempts, and a super dumb IVRS, I get connected to the customer care representative.
Our conversation is as follows-

Airtel: Welcome to Airtel, I'm "the Superman" speaking, how may I help you?

Me: I'm calling from *******5**

Airtel: Yes Ms.______

Me: I want the matrimonial service to be deactivated from my phone. I'm not intersted.

Airtel: Are you sure ma'm? We can send you more alerts if you want ma'm.

Me: I said I'm not interested and would like to cancel the service. I'm do not plan to get married at all. Why do you have a problem?

Airtel : Ma'm, We would like to offer the services of our personal matchmaker for your perusal.

Me: Can you please leave me alone? I have an army of personal matchmakers who are working day and night. Your services are no longer required. Thank you for contacting the customer. Have a nice day.

You must be wondering why I said the last sentence, because that is what they do it to me, without resolving the problem, the wish me a happy day and later send me an SMS asking for feedback for the last interaction with them.

Next step- I write to the Nodal officer, a long mail. The nodal officer promptly replies back after 4 days. He says he couldn't contact me. Obviously. The had taken away my number and in my long mail I had written to them with my alternate phone to contact which they had overlooked.

At the end of the day, I have a dead phone connection, 47 unread "matrimonial" messages. What do I do? I write and send MNP to the number and bang the customer care guy calls back again.
MNP stands for Mobile Number Portability. The new weapon to be used against mobile operators.

It is time for my revenge!

1 comment:

Chandu said...

Welcome back!