Me ??

My photo
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

This time I make no promises...

Every time I write on this blog I promise myself and to the followers of this blog that I shall write regularly, But rarely do I keep up the promise, So this time around I give no promises and no hopes to anybody.

Since I wrote the last post,things have changed. I have become a proud owner of a postgraduate degree, hard earned. Went through the process of applying every goddamn place for further studies and sitting through numerous Entrance exams and next round of Interviews and also the process of attending these interviews in different parts of the country with a whole entourage of my parents and at times my distant relatives. After all this pain I finally settled down in Delhi. Back to the place which I had left in hurry a couple of years ago.

All this while it never occurred to me that I had quietly missed delhi for some reasons though I hate it for some very personal reasons too. Apart from that there is nothing in Delhi that has changed, the roads are getting wider, there are more cars and less civic sense and less of road sense too.

My friends in Delhi have changed a wee bit, a dear friend got married, she is happy settling in and I wish her all the happiness in the world. One friend is still as naughty as she was almost 5 years ago.

Though the area of study and the place of study are poles apart from the last time I was in Delhi. Now it is a very different situation lots of activity on the academic front, intellectual activity and a very politically charged campus.

I am liking it and have started to adapt to it, good signs I guess.

On the other front, I have lost some close friends, well I would blame no one else but myself for not keeping in touch with them, and I would not blame them for what has changed and it has changed forever. I believe in the principle that a broken mirror is impossible to join though it still acts as a mirror in a number of pieces. I was never in the place that they were in a group, so i always was out of bounds. I attended a meet up after passing out from school after 7 long years ,that explains quite a lot.

Its been a rocking year, lots of happenings good and bad but then its my life i would not like to subtract anything from this. I would thank all those who stood by in spirit and in person. Thank you people I owe all this to you!


Ohhh I forgot I wish my dearest buddy a speedy recovery. And I hope he has a great time at home though he would not be enjoying it this time. Get well soon buddy!

2 comments:

Chandu said...

Thanks for the wishes. I am feeling better.

Chandu said...

Next post, please...