Me ??

My photo
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I like to fight it out.

The past few days have been hectic, the chaos of admission procedures, long queues,unending formalities and not to forget the panicky and at times hysterical friends. All this kept me busy the past few days, while i was also actively trying to brush off many unhappy events.

It all started with my plans to go in for a late registration going for a toss, the resultant change in travel plans and hurried goodbyes to friends and relatives. At the airport I fought back tears to say bye to my folks and also tried to reassure myself that I wasnt travelling very far. I tugged my luggage and said bye to my mom and dad who kept looking at me from a distance separated by the huge glass doors. I love travelling, but prefer to have friends or someone i know to enjoy the ride. But now, i was travelling alone.

Travel by the air was considered safe if you are travelling alone, so there i was, travelling by air. The ride to my destination took an eternity, delayed, disturbed and painful journey it was.

An unwelcome co-passenger made my journey a not so safe and pleasant episode to remember. Mid air I was being disturbed,pushed and shoved at. I refused to remain a mute spectator, I pushed him away, and at a later stage gave him one tight punch on his nose. Good riddance.

I refused to "ignore" and put on the "please adjust" attitude. I made displeasure known to the crew, sought their help and also helped myself rather than take it silently.

I thank my brother for telling me long ago that, no man likes to be insulted and that you must react quickly. And that I, being his sister should not take these things mutely. I thank my parents for letting me learn martial arts, they came in handy.

I wish to thank my friend and journo Chandu, who has lent both his ears to even smallest of my complaints for past 10 years (without competition), he wrote this same account on his blog too. Thanks buddy for being there. And you shall have the privilege of getting to hear more of my complaints.

No comments: