Me ??

My photo
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Games people play

Badminton or Shuttle as it is known locally, was and is still a favorite pastime.

During my school days, I was allowed to play with my friends near our house, which was on the tarred roads between two flats, where pieces of bricks were used as markers for marking the boundary of the court. Those lines never seemed straight from any angle what soever. They always meandered to all possible directions. All those were hardly a problem, the real problem lay in who brought the shuttlecock as it is called. The person who brought the shuttlecock had the rights to serve first, to ask others to get the shuttlecock if it went out of reach.

After getting to High school the frequency of games dwindled and the the playmates changed. But after passing out of school it became a rarity. till a few weeks ago when I just felt the need to get back to the games, and I have been enjoying it enormously. Playing with friends at hostel has motivated others to join me. Now we have a full fledged team with substitutes too.

I am in love with the game all over again.

No comments: